Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yakitori @ Home

We haven't BBQ'd at home for a long time...
Plus Sat & I have been craving yakitori for a long time...
And after being inspired by the BBQ this past weekend, we decided it's time to start BBQ-ing at home again.

But the big Weber at Koge Haus is a little too much for the two of us. So we decided on getting a smaller grill to do a poor-man BBQ.

Sat found a cute bucket style one at Amazon, so I immediately added the green one to my Wish List. But my b-day is 2 months away. We want yakitori right now!

So Sat found a mini BBQ grill on sale at Target for $15.
We went to Target & they had black, red & green. The red was cute, and I really love green... but only the black one was on sale. So black it is. If we like it a lot & the black one breaks, I can always get the green one next time.

We also picked up a skewer set at TJ Maxx.

It took a long time to put together the mini BBQ grill... cuz the pieces don't line up straight! I got it to at least stand up, but it's not completely screwed together. That's for next time... cuz we be hungry.

Yakitori, okra & pineapple.
We didn't have a lot of ingredients at home, but that was plenty to make us happy.

I think we could do this every day.

No comments: