Friday, July 1, 2011

Hello, Temporary Phone

So my plan was this.
I'll buy a temporary cheap phone while I decide on what phone to get next.

Sat's phone (K TNT) was cheap, and although it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard, it's something I could use for this weekend.

So after a Mitsuwa crepe run w/ Ardee, we stopped by BB and bought a similar phone (K S2100).

Got home & tried to switch my account over to the new phone. Nice thing about V Mobile is that you can do this all online.

But after I typed in the serial number, it gave me an error message.

"You need to migrate your service."

Huh?

So I call the customer service line.
And the kind young woman on the other line explained that I bought the wrong type of phone. Apparently there are two "classes" of phones. Inexpensive to semi-expensive ones are non-internet ready phones. And you only get talk minutes and you have to buy "debit money" to text. Whaaaaat?

The plan we currently have (semi-expensive to expensive phones) can do the unlimited data & text, but limited talk minutes.

But, but, but... my phone & my sister's phone can do unlimited data/text! And the phones are still available... oh, they're newer models. And they've been downgraded to non-internet ready. Really!?

Well, having to pay for minutes and then pay for text would be... like AT*T or Veriz*n.

FIIIIIIIINE.
I'll hurry up and decide on which phone I want & go return this cheapy phone.

So I head back to BB to return the cheapy phone (and buy a more expensive phone).

(to be continued...)

No comments: